10 simple ways to revamp your home for fall
Spring may be a time for renewal, but Fall is for refreshing. After a long, hot summer, I am so energized to add cozy autumn hues and make a big pot of soup. Here is a list of easy updates that gets your ready for the Autumn season.
- Pantry Overhaul: it’s time to toss anything that has expired and donate the non-perishable food that you won’t use to a food pantry. Load up on ingredients for stews, soups, and one pan roasting dishes full of fall vegetables.
- Throw Pillows: change out your throw pillows for those in rich autumn colors. This change gives a home an immediate warm and cozy feel.
- Purge Clothing: if you haven’t worn it in a year, you probably won’t. If damaged toss it, otherwise donate or sell. I use thredup.com for pieces that are in great shape, and still in style. You won’t get rich, but it might pay for a dinner out.
- Light Candles: Buy candles in warming scents like sage, cinnamon, apple, pumpkin and pomegranate Cozy up with a book, warm slippers and soft throw blanket.
- Update Bedding: depending on the what part of the country you live in, swap out you sheets for soft flannel and update your comforter or quilt with a new fall pattern.
- Read More Books: stack books by your nightstand to encourage reading under a comfy blanket with a cup of hot tea.
- Dried Flowers: Add texture to your home with beautiful dried flowers. They add an earthiness that is both comforting and subtle.
- Matte Pottery: update your built-ins or shelves with matte colored pottery in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Chunky Throw: Add a textured or cable-knit throw to your sofa or favorite chair for nights by the fireplace.
- Fall Wreath: Add a brightly colored wreath to your front door and you can never have too many pumpkins.