Tangled Up in Blue
2018 presents so many hues of blues it is impossible to say which is my favorite. In my mind, there is no such thing as too much blue. The color of a room determines its mood. Blue is a cool color that evokes the feeling of calm. All that said, the diversity of blue paint colors this year gives ample opportunity to go from bold vibrancy to pure chill. Whether your taste is Modern, Coastal, Contemporary or Traditional, there is blue for you.
- Make a bold statement with Vibrant Blue form HGVT HOME by Sherman Williams.
- According to Sue Wadden, director of color marketing at Sherwin-Williams. “Oceanside is the color of wanderlust right in our own homes.”
- With a delicately aged feel, Oval Room Blue from Farrow & Ball, works well with greys and provides depth.
- A slightly moody version of blue, Blue Dusk from Behr adds an elegant charm to kitchen cabinetry or an accent wall.
- According Erika Woelfel, vice president of color and creative services at Behr, Calm Blue “crosses multiple design styles — global, coastal, modern — and pairs well with other subdued colors to create harmony for interiors or exteriors.”