Every season, the team at the Pantone Color Institute develops Fashion Color Trend Report. The report is a color overview focusing on the colors fashion designers will be featuring in their collections for the upcoming season. While focused on fashion, these trends serve as a key indicator of the color stories we can expect to see showing up across all areas of design. The season theme is Love: Cherishing the Life Force of Color in Design. According the Pantone Color Institute, “There is no longer a uniform design aesthetic and while our color stories for Spring Summer 2019 reflect this new reality, we also explore a return to arranged, harmonious, stable, familial colors. Just like love, color stories for Spring/Summer 2019 are displayed in complex arrangements, are ever changing and are not always predictable.”
From left to right
- PANTONE 17-1564, Fiesta: A festive orange red, Fiesta radiates energy, passion and excitement.
- PANTONE 19-1862, Jester Red: Adding depth and intensity, Jester Red combines rich elegance with urbanity.
- PANTONE 15-1264, Turmeric: Turmeric is an enlivening orange that infuses a hint of pungency into the palette.
- PANTONE 16-1546, Living Coral: Living Coral is an affable and animating shade whose golden undertone gives it a softer edge.
- PANTONE 18-2045, Pink Peacock: The tantalizingly theatrical Pink Peacock fans out to a feast for the eyes.
- PANTONE 17-0542, Pepper Stem: Zesty yellow-green Pepper Stem encourages our desire for nature’s healthy bounty.
- PANTONE 13-0850, Aspen Gold: Brightening our day, sunny Aspen Gold stimulates feelings of joy and good cheer.
- PANTONE 19-4150, Princess Blue: Princess Blue, a majestic royal blue hue, glistens and gleams.
- PANTONE 18-1031, Toffee, Deliciously irresistible, tasteful Toffee whets the appetite.
- PANTONE 15-0960, Mango Mojito: The golden yellow Mango Mojito feeds our craving for pleasant comforts.
- PANTONE 18-0416, Terrarium Moss: Terrarium Moss conjures up thoughts of flourishing foliage and the physical beauty in the natural world.
- PANTONE 14-2808, Sweet Lilac: An endearing pink infused lavender, Sweet Lilac’s easy and gentle manner quietly charms.
And while most folks do not change out their furniture as often as their wardrobes, here are some interesting ways to add the seasons trend to your existing décor:
- Coral and White Chinoiseries Large Dragon Vase, http://www.frontgate.com
- Ulla Accent Armchair, http://www.anthropologie.com
- S/5 Designer Books, http://www.onekingslane.com
- Coral Navy Gray Floral Wall Art, Sweet Blooms Décor, http://www.etsy.com
- Geometric Screenprint 1, http://www.onekingslane.com
- Limosa Wallpaper, http://www.wallpaperdirect.com